Wednesday, August 24, 2011

FIMO buttons, anyone?


 I just came back from a workshop trip on Tenerife, Spain, and I met a wonderful young lady who made jewelery with FIMO, polymer clay product from Staedtler.   I have seen a lot of FIMO products before, but only after I went shopping for supplies with her, I realized that it's a german product, LOL. It's an advantage for me since I read a little bit of German.

There are some free online resources if you are looking for inspiration.  It's available in English and German, although I found out that the German version has some extra tips that are not covered in the English version. Check out the English ideas here, and the German one here.  I would say that you don't necessarily have the required language skill (though it definitely helps), because the instructions come with really helpful pictures.

Hm...now I start wondering if I could make my own buttons with FIMO :)

No comments: